Monday, May 5, 2008

Freedom




When I lived in Lancaster, my pals and I went dancing nearly every night. On Mondays we went to The Village, Tuesday to Tally Ho, Thursday it was Chameleon and on Saturday night we drove up to Harrisburg to hit The Vault. When we weren't out, we were hosting dance parties in our living rooms. Those memories of all night dancing are some of the fondest of my life!

Last weekend, my friend Leslie and I hosted a dance party in her studio. It's the first time I've danced in years and it was a blast. There is something really amazing about being in a group of dancing bodies all sweating and grinning; it's a kind of utopia. 

I dedicate Freedom to Adam, Stacey, Andrea, Peri, Lou and all the other friends I've ever had the pleasure to sweat with on a dimly lit dance floor.

No comments: