Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Family



There are six people in my immediate family, my father Delmar, my mother Maryellen and my three younger sisters, Pam, Angie, and Lisa. Growing up, we didn't have scheduled family time, but every so often we'd play Parcheesi or put a puzzle together. My sisters and I would become obsessed by working the puzzle and stayed up late to finish, often fighting over who got to put in the last piece. My sisters and I also loved to play the Catalog Game. We created the game which centered on the cherished Sears catalog. At the start of the game, each person had a cabin in the woods and nothing else. One would close their eyes, flip through the pages and slap their hand down on a random page, where one's hand landed would dictate their lot. We were always laughing riotously at the absurd twists of fate. I remember  getting pantyhose and a vacuum cleaner, when I really wanted a Barbie Styling Head (not practical, but we were always aiming for toys over appliances.) 

On Monday evening I did a puzzle with Pam and Lisa (we also had a some help from my Dad's cat Jaggers.) As could be predicted, Pam and I became obsessed by completing the puzzle and finished it before we went to bed.

No comments: