Friday, July 18, 2008

Madly




2001 was a pretty big year in my life. I bought my house on Greenmount and vowed to get rid of old baggage that blocked my happiness. I met Bill in the fall when we both began working for the Baltimore arts journal Link. We had met a few times, but I didn't have a strong impression of him until we spent the day dismantling the Link office and moving it into a storage unit. We lugged boxes of the journal and talked nonstop about art, music, and movies. I got a crush on him and was excited when we made plans to see David Lynch's Mulholland Drive. I wasn't sure if it was a "real" date, but he brought me a small Howard Finster painting!! We talked for hours after the movie and I was smitten by his sweet charm and deep intellect (he also wore the best floral vintage shirts!) Soon after we began dating and we have been together since. It hasn't always been easy, but I love him madly and I'm happy that I have such a fabulous husband!

For the past three years, Bill and I endured a long-distance relationship between Baltimore and Murfreesboro, Tennessee. I decided to give up the commute and this fall we're packing up the pets, icons, and lots of books to relocate to Los Angeles. It's my first adventure with a partner and I'm excited to see how our future may unfold on the sunny coast!


No comments: